[Insight-users] Problem to create RGB images

Alfonso Castro Martinez alfonsocastro at udc.es
Tue Jun 12 09:19:18 EDT 2007

We are using ITK 3.0.2 in linux to manipulate CTs in DICOM of lung
nodules from LIDC. In this database each CT serie has associated a XML
file with information about the position of the nodules and other
information about them.

We are developing an application to read each XML file and it shows the
nodules in each CT in different colours depending about information of
the nodule. We are trying to create RGB images using the itk::RGBPixel.

The problem is we want to conserve the Hounsfield units in the CT,
however we can't be able to make it because the values of the pixels
must be unsigned char or unsigned short int.

Are there some method in ITK to create a RGB image with the Hounsfield
units?

Thanks.

Alfonso Castro Martinez
Faculty of Computer Science