[Insight-users] Problem to create RGB images

Dan Mueller d.mueller at qut.edu.au
Tue Jun 12 16:55:59 EDT 2007

Hi Alfonso,

One option (which would preserve the HU) would be to create separate
label images associated with each CT series to mark the nodules. These
label images could then be displayed on top of the CT (with transparency
if you desire). The CT series could then retain their pixel type and the
labels take on any pixel type you desire (eg. unsigned char). ITK-SNAP (
http://www.itksnap.org ) does something similar to display the contour
extracted from a level-set.

HTH

Cheers, Dan