[Insight-users] 3D registration for surfaces (newbie)

yong k yong.shield at gmail.com
Tue Jun 19 05:00:29 EDT 2007

Hi there,

Trying to decide if ITK is right for us.  We're trying to see if ITK
is good for surface to surface registration for fairly large mesh.  It
seems to have a way to do this, but doesn't seem very fast.
Specifically, I didn't find closest point method that utilize kd-tree
or other search algorithms.  And the minimization technique seems to
consider all point-to-point correspondence during each iteration (instead
of a single small matrix solve).

Appreciate any advise and recommendations.
Thank you!
yong