[Insight-users] Deformable Registration Final Parameters

Torsten Rohlfing torsten at synapse.sri.com
Tue Jun 19 12:48:29 EDT 2007

Hi Kevin:

In general, the "Moving" image is the one that should be reformatted,
and afterwards it should resemble the (unchanged) "Fixed" image.

As for your concrete problem, I have the following questions:

1. DeformableRegistration7.cxx computed a 3D B-spline deformation, but
BSplineWarping1.cxx applies a 2D transformation. Did you correct for that?

2. How do you get the B-spline coefficients from the first program to
the second? It doesn't seem like DeformableRegistration7.cxx in its
standard form supplies the coefficients in the form expected by
BSplineWarping1.cxx? Did you add code to achieve that, or are you just
reading the "deformationField" output file of
DeformableRegistration7.cxx into BSplineWarping1.cxx? In that case, as
they say on MythBusters, "well there's your problem" ;)

Best,
  Torsten

--
Torsten Rohlfing, PhD          SRI International, Neuroscience Program
 Research Scientist             333 Ravenswood Ave, Menlo Park, CA 94025

     "Though this be madness, yet there is a method in't"