[Insight-users] Re: Insight-users Digest, Vol 38, Issue 42

Lars Nygard lnygard at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 20 09:43:04 EDT 2007

Hi,
Im having similar problems. Ive already said this some time ago.
I get a failed allocation memory error when registering with metrics that
need to compute the gradient image (such as meansquares).
Today I also got an memory error using the Multi Resolution registration
method. It's at exact the same place so Im suspecting this has the same
cause (that is computing the gradient), although Im not sure
Luis suggested to change the way the gradient is computed, So using
GradientMagnitudeFilter instead of RecurssiveGradientFilter.
Im a bit hesitant to start changing ITK base classes, Im quite positive this
task will take me at least some days if not several weeks.
If anybody has done this Id be interested to hear.
regards,
lars

alireza akhundi asl wrote:

> Hi
> I'm Trying to use Image Registration using float coordinate type instead
> of double (to Reduce memory usage).  But as I understand class
> ImageRegistrationMethod use MetricTransformType and its coordinate type
> permanetly set to double in itkcostfunction.h (typedef double
> ParametersValueType).
> Now I have 3 questions:
> 1. How can I solve this problem?
> 2. Can it help to reduce memory usage?
> 3. Is there any other method to solve memory usage problem (Failed to
> Allocate Memory For Image)? my images are 256*256*256 and I use ASP .Net.
> Best Regards
> Alireza

End of Insight-users Digest, Vol 38, Issue 42