[Insight-users] Re: 2d/3d Registration

Rupert Brooks rupe.brooks at gmail.com
Thu Jun 28 15:30:57 EDT 2007

Hi Albert,

Did you mean slice to volume or multicomponent registration, or both?
The earlier post mentions both.  As far as i know, with "out of the
box" ITK, its difficult to impossible to do this.  I'm very interested
in this issue, and am working on some approaches.  I have done slice
to volume registration and multi component registration, working on
combining the two things now.

For multi-component registration, you need a combined metric.  Ng et
al discuss one in this Insight Journal paper
http://hdl.handle.net/1926/15.  I have built some things upon that
work.  Also, you'll end up needing combined transforms, these IJ
papers are useful starting points. http://hdl.handle.net/1926/197
http://hdl.handle.net/1926/487

Anyway, i'd be interested in your application, and if anyone else is
working on this.

Cheers,
Rupert B.