[Insight-users] How to write NIFTI hearders?

kurt Zhao kurtzhao at gmail.com
Fri Mar 2 16:02:02 EST 2007

Hi Guy,

We need to covert all images in Analyze format to NIFTI images. Out data are
stored in LPI. Due to backward compatibility, we need to keep our *img data
that way and replace the  Analyze headers to NIFTI headers.

I read the post in
http://www.itk.org/Wiki/Proposals:Orientation#Coordinate_Systems and it
seems the OrientImage filter is the way to go. However, I am still trying to
figure out the behavior of the filter.

Another strategy seems is to read Analyze images, add the orientation
information and save the image to NIFTII format. I am just wondering how can
I add the orientation information in the ImageIO?

Your input and help are highly appreciated.

-Kurt