[Insight-users] Re: Insight-users Digest, Vol 35, Issue 17

Dan White dan at chalkie.org.uk
Wed Mar 7 13:05:30 EST 2007

Hi Mike,

I've been using

-headerpad_max_install_names -undefined dynamic_lookup

maybe the second one helps...or was that just to fix the wrapITK
pytohn wrappings building...?

Kalle or Gaetan might chip in, they have been building ITK on OSX intel

Dan

On 7 Mar 2007, at 18:00, insight-users-request at itk.org wrote:

> Message: 1
> Date: Wed, 7 Mar 2007 09:55:58 -0500
> From: Mike Jackson <imikejackson at gmail.com>
> Subject: [Insight-users] Intel Compiler and Multiple Definitions
> To: Insight Users <insight-users at itk.org>
>
> First, the machine details, OS X 10.4.8 using ICC version 9.1.036 on
> a MacBook Pro (Intel Core Duo).
>
> I am trying to compile the opensource package ITK (www.itk.org) and I
> am getting warnings about multiple definitions:
>
> ld: warning multiple definitions of symbol ___isnanf
> /opt/intel/cc/9.1.036/lib/libimf.a(isnan.o) definition of ___isnanf
> in section (__TEXT,__text)
> /usr/lib/gcc/i686-apple-darwin8/4.0.1/../../..//libm.dylib
> (xmm_misc.o) definition of ___isnanf
>
> So it looks like I am picking up both the libm that is included with
> OS X and the the libimf from the Intel compilers.
>
> I am still a bit new to the whole C++ thing so I am not sure what
> flags I should be looking to use when compiling my code.
>
> Here is my link line:
>
> /usr/bin/icpc -xP -fno-common -dynamiclib {lots of .o files} -L. -L/
> Users/Shared/OpenSource/ITK301-Intel/bin -litkvcl -lm
>
> Any help is greatly appreciated.
> --
> Mike Jackson
> imikejackson & gmail * com

Dr. Daniel James White BSc. (Hons.) PhD
Senior Microscopist / Image Processing and Analysis
Light Microscopy Facility
Max Planck Institute of Molecular Cell Biology and Genetics
Pfotenhauerstrasse 108
01307 DRESDEN
Germany

+49 177 9 68 27 81 (German Mobile)
+358 468102840 (Finnish mobile, only when I'm in Finland)
http://www.bioimagexd.net
http://www.chalkie.org.uk
dan at chalkie.org.uk
( white at mpi-cbg.de )