[Insight-users] Is there a way to use itk::DiffusionTensor3DReconstructionImageFilter without calling SetReferenceImage() first?

Karthik Krishnan karthik.krishnan at kitware.com
Wed Mar 14 11:01:44 EST 2007

John,

You need to set the reference image at some point, before running the
filter. If you are referring to the order in which you call
  filter->AddGradientImage( dirVector_i, image_i );
  filter->SetReferenceImage( refImage );
no that does not matter, but you need to have a reference image to run the
filter.

The Stejskal-Tanner equations relate diffusion weighted measurements to
measurements taken in the absense of diffusion sensitiszing gradients. The
filter is a straight implementation of equation (3) in
splweb.bwh.harvard.edu:8000/pages/papers/westin/ISMRM2002.pdf

So if you don't have any of the parameters in (3), you will not be able to
reconstruct "D".

--
karthik