[Insight-users] What kind of the segmentation method of LevelSet is popular used in ITK?

Goo gtshowtime at gmail.com
Sun Mar 18 08:56:07 EST 2007

Hi Luis,

The problem that I want to solve is to segment the
caudate nucleus and putamen in MRI image.
In order to get result more accurate,
a region that characterize contour roughly that I want to segment is used.

Today, I read the user guide and thinking what method is suited for me.
The ' Canny-Edge Level Set ' and ' Geodesic Active contours Segmentation
With Shape Guidance ' are maybe the solution.

It's because the initial region or a set of seeds are used.
But my worst fear is the congenital vulnerability in the method
that will lead to fail to segment.

Therefore, can you give me some experience for caudate and putamen
segmentation?

Regards.