[Insight-users] deformable model in ITK

KEGANG HUA khua1 at jhu.edu
Thu Mar 22 14:45:37 EST 2007

Hi, there

I was trying to build a deformable model using vtk and itk.

I saw DeformableModelSimplexMesh application in itkapplication. Does itk has triangle mesh implementation of deformable model? What is the advantage of simplex mesh? How can I convert vtkpolydata to simplex mesh?

I read the paper "User-guided 3D active contour segmentation of anatomical structures: significantly improved efficiency and reliability". It looks like to me SNAP is actually using 2-D deformable model.

Where can I find resources for 3-D implementation of deformable model in itk?

Regards!