[Insight-users] deformable model in ITK

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Fri Mar 23 13:01:45 EST 2007

Hi Kegang,

Yes,
ITK has 3D implementations of deformable models.

You may want to take a look at the application:

   InsightApplications/DeformableModelSimplexMesh

It combines the

   itkSimplexMesh.h
   itkTriangleMeshToSimplexMeshFilter.h
   itkRegularSphereMeshSource.h
   itkDeformableSimplexMesh3DGradientConstraintForceFilter.h
   itkDeformableSimplexMesh3DFilter.h

You will find paper citations in the Doxygen documentations
of these classes.

This application also illustrates how to combine ITK and
VTK for performing surface related operations.