[Insight-users] Correspondence between fixed and moved point set

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Fri Mar 23 13:41:57 EST 2007

Hi Jordi,

The vector is computed by the Metric:

http://www.itk.org/Insight/Doxygen/html/classitk_1_1EuclideanDistancePointMetric.html

that derives indirectly from the

http://www.itk.org/Insight/Doxygen/html/classitk_1_1MultipleValuedCostFunction.html

which returns a vector of values as the "metric value".

The metric class assigns the correspondances between points
based on distance. That is, a point from one set is associated
to the closest point in the other set.

You will find very iluminating to read the code of:

Insight/Code/Algorithms/itkEuclideanDistancePointMetric.txx

lines 60-146.