[Insight-users] Convert signed short to float in DICOM

Xavier Mellado Esteban xavier.mellado at upf.edu
Tue Mar 27 08:06:46 EST 2007

   Hi Goo:

   Write images in each step of your pipeline, before and after use each
filter. And find exactly which is the problem an report here more
information.

   If you have problems with casting, there are filters for doing this,
see ITK User Guide (http://www.itk.org/ItkSoftwareGuide.pdf) Chapter
6.3. Look at Geodesic Active Contours example (9.3.3) and
GradientMagnitudeRecursiveGaussianImageFilter example (6.4.2), too.

              I hope this helps you:
                                                  Xavi

Goo escribió:
> Hi All:
>
> I currently use 'Geodesic Active Contour Level Set Mehtod' for image
> segmentation.
> My input is a DICOM 3D image and its type is signed short.
> Because the demand for level set, this image must be casted to float.
> However, after the execution of
> GradientMagnitudeRecursiveGaussianImageFilter,
> the output image is black.
> After I checked in the entire process, I guess the reason is data type
> error.
> What means can be taken to resolve the matter?
>
> Regards.

Xavier Mellado Esteban
Computational Imaging Lab
Department of Technology - D. 328