[Insight-users] GetCenter() ?

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Tue Mar 27 08:49:45 EST 2007

Hi Tony,

Yes,

It is very likely that you are not setting
the Transform correctly.

Did you initialized the Center of the Transform ?

Please read the ITK Software Guide

   http://www.itk.org/ItkSoftwareGuide.pdf

in particular the sections related to the

    CenteredTransformInitializer

class.

Note, that for trivial registration problems,
the setting of the Transform center may not
be an issue. However, if you don't initialize
the center of rotation of the transform you are
challenging the optimizer to have a more difficult
path in the parametric space to get to the optimal
value of the Transform.

You should help the optimizer whenever you can.
Setting the center of rotation of the transform
is one of the easy things you can do that greatly
simplifies the job of the optimizer.