[Insight-users] How to find information about ITK and isosurfaces

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Tue Mar 27 15:17:27 EST 2007

Hi Catherine,

Are the isosurfaces intended for visualization ?

If so,
what you may want to do is to combine ITK and VTK.

You will find examples on how to do this in :

     InsightApplications/Auxiliary/vtk

itkReadITKImage3DSegmentShowVTK.cxx
itkReadITKImageSegmentShowVTK.cxx
itkReadITKImageShowSplineVTK.cxx
itkReadITKImageShowVTK.cxx

You may also find interesting the Tutorials:

     http://www.itk.org/HTML/Tutorials.htm

in particular

"Getting Started II: Using ITK with VTK."
http://www.itk.org/CourseWare/Training/GettingStarted-II.pdf

If your iso-surfaces are not intended for visualization,
but for further processing, you may want to use the
filter:

"BinaryMask3DMeshSource"

http://www.itk.org/Insight/Doxygen/html/classitk_1_1BinaryMask3DMeshSource.html