[Insight-users] how to save a dicom file after processing Vol 37, Issue 2

Antoine Leimgruber antoine.leimgruber at sokal.ch
Tue May 1 12:52:26 EDT 2007

Hi Chris,

I am also trying to use DicomImageReadChangeHeaderWrite to edit dicom headers, I do it exactly the way you do.
I would like to point out something that might be an issue for you (it is one for me).
I remarked that if you read a dicom image/volume and write it as a new image without editing anything in the header, the header would still be modified. UID tags would be edited with the present date/time values. Any attempt to modify them in the course of code execution will be overridden at the time of writing the file.
I did not check that pixel data was modified while editing the header.

Antoine