Fw: [Insight-users] 3D Registration using my own data (.raw and .mha files)

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Tue May 1 16:37:18 EDT 2007

Hi Lars,

The images in the page

    http://public.kitware.com/pub/itk/Data/BrainWeb/

[   ] BrainPart1.tgz                      19-Mar-2002 10:12   5.6M
[   ] BrainPart1Rotated10Translated15.tgz 07-May-2002 18:11   4.9M
[   ] BrainPart1Rotated20Translated20.tgz 07-May-2002 18:11   4.3M
[   ] BrainPart2.tgz                      19-Mar-2002 10:12   5.3M
[   ] BrainPart2Rotated10Translated15.tgz 07-May-2002 18:11   4.6M
[   ] BrainPart2Rotated20Translated20.tgz 07-May-2002 18:11   4.1M
[   ] BrainPart3.tgz                      19-Mar-2002 10:12   5.8M
[   ] BrainPart3Rotated10Translated15.tgz 07-May-2002 18:11   5.1M
[   ] BrainPart3Rotated20Translated20.tgz 07-May-2002 18:11   4.5M

                  *are not* in MINC format.

                They are in MetaImage format.

Please untar and decompress the files (using the tar -xzf command).

You will end up with pairs of files that have extensions .mha and .raw.

You can run any of the ITK examples by passing the file with .mha
  extension as input.

In order to understand how to run the Example ImageRegistration8,
please read the *ITK Software Guide*:

            http://www.itk.org/ItkSoftwareGuide.pdf

In particular, section 8.6.4. "Rigid Transform in 3D"
in pdf-pages 398-406.

The description of the arguments that you need for running
ImageRegistration8 can be found in pdf-page 403.  The results
that are expected from the registration can be found in pages
403 and 404.

    Please follow the instructions in the Software Guide
    and let us know if you encounter any problem.