[Insight-users] ANNOUNCE : ITK 3.4 : Selection of paper from the INSIGHT JOURNAL

Gaëtan Lehmann gaetan.lehmann at jouy.inra.fr
Fri May 4 02:41:47 EDT 2007

Hi Luis,

Le 3 mai 07 à 22:50, Luis Ibanez a écrit :

> In preparation for the release of ITK 3.4 we have
> selected from the Insight Journal the papers with
> higher ratings and a minimum of 3 reviews.
>
> We anticipate to move the source code from these
> papers into the Code/Review directory of the toolkit
> as part of the process of releasing ITK 3.4.
>

> The ITK 3.4 release schedule is available at:
> http://www.itk.org/Wiki/ITK_Release_Schedule#Release_3.4_Schedule
>
> The selected contributions from the Insight Journal
> are listed at:
> http://www.itk.org/Wiki/ITK_Release_Schedule#Contributions_5
>

> They are:
>

>    1. Using a Mask to Decrease Computation Time for
>       SpatialObject to Image Conversions
>
>    2. Digital Topology
>
>    3. Computational Geometry Computation and KNN Segmentation in ITK
>
>    4. itkEllipseBoundaryToImageFilter
>
>    5. Implementing the Automatic Generation of 3D Statistical
>       Shape Models with ITK
>
>    6. I-DO: A Deformable Organisms framework for ITK
>
>    7. Minimal Imposition Image Filter
>
>    8. Binary morphological closing and opening image filter
>
>    9. Support for "cub" image format
>

> Please let us know if you have any questions or
> suggestions regarding this selection.

I still think there is a problem with the API of the classes of the
"Digital Topology" contribution, especially with the connectivity
parameter which shouldn’t be in template parameter. Anyway, that’s
still a good contribution, and I would be pleased to help to enhance
that point.

I’m pleased to see that ITK continue to include a lot of
contributions, and I hope it will be the same for the next releases :-)

Regards,

Gaëtan

--
Gaëtan Lehmann