[Insight-users] Huge performance of time delay on BinaryDilateImageFilter

Gaëtan Lehmann gaetan.lehmann at jouy.inra.fr
Fri May 4 08:10:37 EDT 2007

Le 4 mai 07 à 11:22, Alireza Salamy a écrit :

> Dear Gaetan,
> For erosion it takes around 93 second but for dilation it takes
> around 45 minute.

There is definitively a problem. Can you check if you have an old
version of itkBinaryMorphologyImageFilter.txx (without the patch I
made a couple of days ago) somewhere?
It can be the problem.

> but  I have two question here:the first is if the  binaryopening by
> reconstruction filter do exactly the same as erosion follow by
> dilation?

it does an erosion, followed by a reconstruction by dilation.

> The second question which is very important to me is why your
> Binary opening by reconstruction filter doesn't work well when I
> add subtract image filter to the end of algorithm to subtract the
> image before opening and the image after opening?(I mean I can
> build it successfully but when I try to implement it it do the
> opening but when it reach the subtract filter it stop.)my input
> image is 3D volum image
> I add the following line to the end of binary opening by
> reconstruction image filater.
>
> typedef itk::SubtractImageFilter<
>                                   IType,
>                                   IType,
>                                   IType > DifferenceFilterType;
>   DifferenceFilterType::Pointer difference =
> DifferenceFilterType::New();
>   difference->SetInput1( reader->GetOutput() );
>   difference->SetInput2( reconstruction->GetOutput() );
>
>   WriterType::Pointer writer2 = WriterType::New();
>   writer2->SetInput( difference->GetOutput() );
>   writer2->SetFileName( argv[7] );
>   writer2->Update();
> please let me know how can I solve this problem because it is very
> important for me.
> thanks in advance
>  Alireza

It is fixed now - see my other email :-)

Gaëtan