[Insight-users] Extract an oblique 2D slice from a 3D volume

Gheorghe Postelnicu gheorghe.postelnicu at gmail.com
Sun May 6 21:29:48 EDT 2007

Hi,

I am looking into ways to extract an oblique 2D slice from a 3D
volume. This is to be part of an iterative algorithm, so it would be
great to be able to setup an image wrapper that would emulate a 2D
image only sampling pixels when necessary. It would actually be great
if I were able to call a registration filter on one of these image
objects.

The closest filter I found was ExtractImageFilter, but I don't think
it fulfills the requirements I have tried to expose above.

It would be great if someone could provide some guidance on the
methods I would need to overwrite when writing a wrapper for a class
that would emulate a 2D oblique slice of a 3D volume or any other
method that would efficiently achieve this.

Thanks,
--
Gheorghe Postelnicu, PhD
MGH, Harvard Medical School