[Insight-users] Re: [Insight-developers] filter with output size depending on the content of the input image

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Tue May 22 08:17:59 EDT 2007

Hi Gaetan,

Jim will probably have a deeper understanding of the issues involved,
but, what I could see in principle is that the method that computes
the size of the output image is called before the methods that will
trigger the execution of predecessor filters that provide the input
image to the current filter.

In other words, the method that computes the metadata of the output
image, only has access to the metadata of the input image, not to
the actual pixel data.

In order to implement the filter that you suggest, the pipeline will
have to make one pass more.

That being said. The filter that you are proposing seems to be very
useful, and it is certainly worth to explore some mechanism for making
this filter available in ITK.

    Luis