[Insight-users] Re: [Insight-developers] filter with output size depending on the content of the input image

Peter Cech pcech at vision.ee.ethz.ch
Tue May 22 08:39:14 EDT 2007

On Tue, May 22, 2007 at 12:15:33 +0200, Gaëtan Lehmann wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Is it possible to implement a subclass of ImageToImageFilter with the
> size of the output image depending of the content of the input image,
> and not only of the size of the input image.
> I think to make an auto crop filter filter for example, or a mask
> filter wich keep only the image in the region masked and remove the
> empty borders.

I managed to create an auto crop filter. It calls Update on the upstream
object before computing output size. The sources are in reasonable shape
(http://www.vision.ee.ethz.ch/~pcech/itkAutoCropImageFilter/ if you want
to have a look/test it), but I did not finished the pdf for IJ
submission yet.

Regards,
Peter