[Insight-users] 3D skeleton/centerline

Ruben Schilling r.b.schilling at googlemail.com
Thu May 24 13:38:36 EDT 2007

Hi Ajay,

I actually want to do the same thing and have some questions and some
answers. I can share how I approach this problem at the minute. I use
the Danielsson Distance map from ITK to calculate a distance
transform. You would then have to extract local maxima from it, that
correspond to your skeleton. This approach requires preprocessing to
fill wholes, which can be done in itk via the iterative fill holes
filter.

My question:

I would like to have 1 voxel thin lines or even better: a discrete
graph extracted.

Can anyone tell me (us) how to do this?

Best
Ruben