[Insight-users] 3D skeleton/centerline

Ajay Sonar ajaysonar at gmail.com
Thu May 24 13:55:11 EDT 2007

Hi Ruben,

I reffered to two papers to extract the centerlines,

A Robust Level-set algorithm for centerline extraction.
An augmented Fast marching method for computing skeletons and centerlines.

both from Joint EUROGRAPHICS - IEEE TCVG Symposium on Visualization (2002 -
2003).

I implimented this in matlab. I still have to figure out why i am not
getting a single voxel wide centerline and also want to see if i can fit a
line through the centerline voxels even if its not 1 voxel wide and use that
as reference.

Ajay.