[Insight-users] passing vtkImageData through vtk to itk to vtk

Thu Nov 1 11:07:38 EDT 2007

Check out this submission to the Insight Journal:

http://tinyurl.com/2ydcb2

"Seamless VTK-ITK pipeline connection for image data handling"

"Often times developers face the need to connect ITK and VTK pipelines
to handle image data. For this purpose, image data importer and
exporter classes have been implemented both in ITK and VTK. However,
as evident from frequent questions in the ITK and VTK users and
developers mailing list, usage of these classes is not straight
forward. Furthermore, the difficulty gets more challenging with the
need to handle different pixel types. For these reasons, an effort was
made to write Image IO classes that encapsulate all the intricacies
and provide users with easy to use API. This article describes these
Image IO classes and present an example to demonstrate how to use
these classes."