[Insight-users] histogram based median filter

Gaëtan Lehmann gaetan.lehmann at jouy.inra.fr
Fri Nov 9 07:34:26 EST 2007

Hi Tomáš, hi Matthias,

Richard Beare has made an highly efficient implementation of an
approximation of the median filtering. It is available in one of our
contribution to the insight journal.

   http://hdl.handle.net/1926/555

I only have a quick look at the cited article, but it seem that it
describe an algorithm based on a moving window. In that case, and in
case one of you want to implement that algorithm, you may find useful
the class itk::MovingHistogramImageFilter provided in the same
contribution.

Regards,

Gaëtan