[Insight-users] Compute the overlapping volume of two images (by SimilarityIndexImageFilter)

Michael Schildt michael.schildt at ifn-magdeburg.de
Mon Nov 12 05:24:42 EST 2007

Hello Xabier!

I try to explain it with other words. I acquired two anatomical data
sets within one MRI session (3 slices, 256x256 inplane, 4 mm slices
thickness) with identical parameter. They contain exactly the same
volume of the brain. Within ITK I do a rigid registration to a third
high resolution 3D volume (from another scanner) for each of the two
data sets. (All 3 data sets are T1 weighted.)

I expect for a perfect registration, that the slice data sets are
positioned exactly at the same position and orientation. To test this, i
would like to compute this overlap. Until now, i do this by computing
the euklidian distance of the image centers and the squared differences
in rotation angles. But the overlap includes both errors and scales from
0.0 to 1.0.

Does it help clearifying my issue?

Greetings,
    Michael