[Insight-users] FastMarching filter without a speed image

rashedk rashed.vtk at googlemail.com
Tue Nov 20 11:01:34 EST 2007

Hi there,

I am trying to use the itkThresholdSegmentationLevelSetImageFilter class to
use an evolving front for segmentation. I am following the example code
given in Examples/Segmentation/ThresholdSegmentationLevelSetImageFilter.cxx

This example uses a FastMarching filter which doesn't use a speed image. It
is used to compute a distance map. One must also provide the size, origin
and spacing of the output image to the FastMarchingFilter using something
like:
fastMarching->SetOutputSize(reader->GetOutput()->GetBufferedRegion().GetSize());

The output of my level set segmentation looks perfect except that the
structure segmented appears *smaller* than the original image. I am guessing
it has something to do with FastMarching filter's setOutputSize function.
What size does the SetOutputSize function set? I could perhaps clarify on
what I mean by *smaller* if anyone's interested.

Regards,

Rashed karim