[Insight-users] HELP: ITK axes and rotation convention

Laura Fernandez de Manuel laura.fdm at gmail.com
Thu Nov 22 06:38:37 EST 2007

  Hello, I need some help with next topics:

I would like to know the ITK axes convention when doing a 3D rigid
registration with itkEuler3DTransform
I mean, when registration finishes, we obtain six parameters (three
rotations and three translations).

My first question is about translations: Are they expresed in the order
x,y,z ? And are axes considered as:  X to the right, Y upward and Z toward
the viewer?

my second question is about Euler rotations: are they expresed in the order
a, b, c  ?  being:

a: Rotation around the X axis in counter-clockwise
 b: Rotation around the Y axis in counter-clockwise
 c: Rotation around the Z axis in counter-clockwise

In adittion, I use a initializer doing:
initializer->MomentsOn(); This establishes the center of rotation as the
mass center of the fixed or of the moving image?

I have look for this info but i have not found it. I need it to work with
ITK and other programs and make it compatible.

I hope you can help me with my questions as soon as possible.

Thanks,
Laura