[Insight-users] Re: itkExpectationMaximizationMixtureModelEstimator

Christoph Heinzl c.heinzl at gmail.com
Wed Nov 28 10:32:38 EST 2007

Hi all,

I plugged in my image data into the
itkExpectationMaximizationMixtureModelEstimator using an ImageToListAdaptor.
I'm still facing the problem that the estimator stops after the first
iteration, even if I use roughly the expected resulting parameters as
initial parameters. I built up my application similarly to the example in
the software guide (10.4.4 Expectation Maximization Mixture Model
Estimation) : 2 GaussianMixtureModelComponents plugged into the estimator.
Has anyone experience with itkExpectationMaximizationMixtureModelEstimator?
Why does the algorithm stop?

By the way: the KMeans estimator works fine on the data. So I classified my
dataset into two subclasses and calculated mean and covariance using
MeanCalculator and CovarianceCalculator which worked out fine.

Thanx for your help!!
Chris