[Insight-users] All python tests fail

Marco Nolden m.nolden at dkfz-heidelberg.de
Wed Nov 28 13:16:42 EST 2007

Gaëtan Lehmann wrote:

> Hi Marco,

Hi Gaëtan,

> It seem that you have used both WrapITK and ITK_CSWIG_PYTHON. I don't
> think that this combination has been tested.
> You should try to set ITK_CSWIG_PYTHON to OFF, to disable the older
> wrapping method.

thanks for the hint. Just turning ITK_CSWIG_PYTHON to OFF didn't help.
After that "make" just didn't do anything. So I set up a new build and
the (better) result is here:

http://www.itk.org/Testing/Sites/mbi056/Linux-c++/20071128-0957-Experimental/Test.html

> Please let us know if it fix the problem, so we can add an error during
> the configuration process if the user have turned on the two wrapping
> process.

As you can see it fixes the problem only partially.

I also tried to execute
the PythonMedianImageFilter
(http://www.itk.org/Testing/Sites/mbi056/Linux-c++/20071128-0957-Experimental/Results/__Wrapping_WrapITK_Python_Tests_PythonMedianImageFilter.html)
test without the itkTestDriver by setting PYTHONPATH and executing

/usr/bin/python
/local/nolden/itk-3.4.0/InsightToolkit-3.4.0/Wrapping/WrapITK/Python/Tests/MedianImageFilter.py
/local/nolden/itk-3.4.0/InsightToolkit-3.4.0/Wrapping/WrapITK/images/cthead1.png
MedianImageFilter.png 3

This results in a segmentation fault, stacktrace didn't provide much
information, but I can send it/post it, if you like.

Marco