[Insight-users] ITK/tcl wrapping problem. wrap_itkCastImageFilter_2DTcl.obj : fatal error LNK1143: invalid or corrupt file: no symbol for comdat section 0xffff8000

Ocean Spring meancity at gmail.com
Tue Sep 4 11:03:40 EDT 2007

 Hello Luis,

Thanks for your advice.

1) so i need to "Rebuild" the "All_Build" again since there are some pop ups
during my previous building process, right?

what i did is just clicking "Build" after i let the previous build go by
ignoring those pop-up windows which asked for reload some .dsp files.   and
it took just several seconds and ended with 0 errors and 0 warnings

actually during the previous build i had some, 2 actually,  warning messages
came out which were mentioned in my another message in this mailing list.
Gaëtan Lehmann said it caused by some swig bugs.i am here just for
confirmation about this problem.

2) if i want to use tcl for making ITK and VTK working together i need to
building the InsightApplications as well, right?

since in itksource/Examples/CannyEdgeDetectionImageFilterConnectVTKITK.tcl

i saw some instructions like below:
# You must set the environment variable TCLLIB_DIR to where the tcl
# libraries are on your system. For example: export
TCLLIB_DIR="/data/usr/itk16/lib/InsightToolkit /data/usr/vtk422/lib/vtk
/data/prog/InsightApplications- 1.6.0/ConnectVTKITK/"

which i think i need build InsightApplications to make tcl/itk/vtk 3 things
work together. so please give some advice for this.

i did build the InsightApplication for first time, but it failed and i did
not captured the error messages but i shall build it again...till everything
works fine.

3)i am not going to building tcl, python and java , 3in1 wrapping. i just
want to enable tcl/tk + vtk +itk  as simple as that ... but it seems quit
difficult by far... since i have struggled for several days for making
things happened nicely.

4) is WrapITK a must ? or just a recommended option to do what i mentioned
above?

sorry for long emails and hope to hear from you soon...

best regards

Yours

O.Spring.

---------