[Insight-users] marching cube

annelaure al_didier at yahoo.fr
Tue Sep 18 05:29:37 EDT 2007

Hi,

I have a 3D scan of lungs and thorax. I made a binary image with the
background and lungs of my scan equal to 0, and the skin+muscles+fatty
tissue equal
to 255. Now, I'd like to mesh only the white part without lungs. (slice of
my scan : http://www710.univ-lyon1.fr/~adidier/scan.PNG). So, my mesh will
have 2 holes instead of lungs. Can I use a marching cube? Is it necessary to
use vtk? I used surfaceextraction.cxx in Itk and I obtained the number of
nodes and cells, but what can I do with these informations?

Thank you so much for your help,

Anne-Laure