[Insight-users] itk::VariableSizeMatrix

Julien Michel julien.michel at c-s.cnes.fr
Tue Sep 18 10:28:31 EDT 2007

Dear ITK users,

We are using the itk::VariableSizeMatrix class when our matrix size can
not be decided at compilation time.

In this class encapsulating the vnl/vnl_matrix class redefines all the
operators, such as += or -= for instance.

In these operators, a size check is performed in order to check the
matrices compatibility. Eventually, an exception is raised using the
itkExpectionMacro. This macro needs the GetNameOfClass method to be defined.

However, the VariableSizeMatrix derives from nothing, and no
itkTypeMacro is used in its header, so there is no GetNameOfClass method.

This lead us to compiling errors whenever we are trying to use these
operators.

To fix this, I think either an itkTypeMacro should be used in the class
declaration or an itkGenericExceptionMacro should be used in the
operators checking.

Best regards,

Julien Michel