[Insight-users] Re: Multi Resolution Registration

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Fri Sep 21 14:44:29 EDT 2007

Hi Laia,

                        Welcome to ITK !

It should be possible to register, in about 5 minutes, images
of the size that you describe, using modern desktop computers.

You may want to give it a try to fine tune a normal single-resolution
registration before you move into the multi-registration framework.

A couple of questions:

   1) What is your platform ? (compiler, operating system)

   2) Did you make sure to build ITK in Release mode ?
      (a Debug build will be a lot slower).

   3) How are you initializing the Transform ?
      (starting with a poorly initialized transform will
       make very hard for the optimizer to find a solution
       in a short time).

   4) Did you produced a log of the transform parameters
      at every iteration of the optimizer ?
      This is very useful for fine tunning the parameters
      of the registration.

   Please let us know,