[Insight-users] help for writing my own level set implementation

Burak Özkalaycı bozkalayci at gmail.com
Tue Sep 25 10:40:41 EDT 2007

Dear all,

I need to implement a Topology Preserving Level Set Method (TPLSM). In
TPLSM while the nodes in the volume or image are being updated one by
one, a topology constraint is checked and if it satisfy the
constraints the node is updated or otherwise set to a predefined small
epsilon value. I check the codes in the ITK but I think I am so lost
in the code. I could not figure out where those updates ar done. I am
also not sure about the LSM impletation steps in ITK. I guess it first
calculate the  RHS of the level set update equation. Then calculate
the time step to be taken. And lastly update all the PHI values of the
nodes in the sparse band. I just need to change this last step. Can
anyone help me in this topic?
Many thanks in advance.

Burak