[Insight-users] Re: Problem with lossless JPEG compression in GDCMImageIO

Mathieu Malaterre mathieu.malaterre at gmail.com
Tue Sep 25 12:41:53 EDT 2007

On 9/25/07, Pechin Lo <pechin at gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm using ITK 3.2.0
> Should I switch to 3.4 and try again?

Please try to compile an ITK 3.4 and run your program on your fantom
binary image. You should not see this issue any more. If not please
send me the DICOM file, and steps to reproduce.

Sorry for the troubles, I misunderstood a comment in the IJG source code.

As a side note, the compression is not optimized. If you are
interested in the subject I can give you some advice on how to tweak
gdcm to pick the best jpeg lossless compression (ie. how to choose
between the 7 predictors).

HTH,

--
Mathieu