[Insight-users] Re: Problem with lossless JPEG compression in GDCMImageIO

Steve M. Robbins steve at sumost.ca
Tue Sep 25 12:52:25 EDT 2007

Hi Mathieu,

I ask the following out of curiosity more than anything, as I'm
not currently using JPEG compression.

On Tue, Sep 25, 2007 at 06:41:53PM +0200, Mathieu Malaterre wrote:

> Sorry for the troubles, I misunderstood a comment in the IJG source code.

I interpret that to mean there was a bug in GDCM's use of JPEG -- is
that correct?  If so, could you explain the bug?  [To prevent others,
e.g. me, from making the same mistake]

> As a side note, the compression is not optimized. If you are
> interested in the subject I can give you some advice on how to tweak
> gdcm to pick the best jpeg lossless compression (ie. how to choose
> between the 7 predictors).

I'd be interested in such advice.

Thanks,
-Steve