[Insight-users] Selecting the sigma for the vesselness

rashedk rashed.vtk at googlemail.com
Tue Sep 25 16:54:09 EDT 2007

Hi everyone,

I am currently using the vesselness filters to detect vessels. I use a
pipeline with HessianRecursiveGaussianImageFilter and
Hessian3DToVesselnessMeasureImageFilter filters which works fine. However, I
am using a trial and error approach for selecting the sigma. In a previous
post I came across an approach whereby sigma selection can be done
effectively by observing the responses of a single pixel that is known to be
part of a vessel (a.k.a multi-scale analysis). How do I constraint the above
filters to only process a single pixel and not the entire image?

Thanks,

Rashed Karim