[Insight-users] Selecting the sigma for the vesselness

Chris McIntosh cmcintos.sfu at gmail.com
Tue Sep 25 17:06:44 EDT 2007

Hello,

I'm not sure if this helps, but just in case.

In general, using a constant sigma for an image is troublesome because
the ideal scale for each vessel
is the actual radius of that vessel (in voxels). So you need a different
scale at each voxel.

I would suggest looking at:
http://hdl.handle.net/1926/558

They implement a powerful multi-scale technique for vessel filtering,
where each pixel's response
is tested under a range of scales and the maximal response is taken.

Cheers,

Chris