[Insight-users] GeodesicActiveContourShapePriorLevelSetImageFilter

toluwalase lasaki toluwalase2000 at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 26 12:48:05 EDT 2007

Hi all,

  I am working on an image segmentation project and will like to use the 'GeodesicActive ContourShapePriorLevelSetImageFilter'. I was wondering if anyone is familiar with this filter and has used it before for segmentation. A couple of questions:

  - In what format must my prior shape image be? The example in the software guide utilizes an input (CorpusCallosumMeanShape.mha) in a .mha format. What kind of file is this and how can I open it to view it?

  - What exactly does the "shapemodefilepattern" input refer to? I don't quite understand what this is and what it does? The example in the software guide makes reference to principal components CorpusCallosumMode0.mha, CorpusCallosumMode1.mha and
  CorpusCallosumMode12.mha. Can someone explain it with respect to these 3 files?

  - Also, how does one determine the 'numberofmodes' and where does this information come from?

  - Finally, what do the "startX and startY" inputs refer to? Where do these coordinates come from?

  If someone can also recommend some literature that I can read or additional examples I can view  to help me better understand how this filter works, that would be great.

  Thanks very much for your help.

  Regards,
  OTL