[Insight-users] Help on Kalman Filter

milentie at arcor.de milentie at arcor.de
Thu Sep 27 09:21:28 EDT 2007

Hi everyone,

I need the Kalman Filter for filtering of some data, but I dont know how to used, so thats why I'm showing you my problem.
I have 4 fix InfraRed Leds in form of rectangle, and a camera in my hand, that can track the position of the 4 IR Leds. Then I want to estimate the postion and the rotation(Tx,Ty,Tz,roll,yaw and pitch) of the camera in respect of the 4 IR leds. So I'm minimazing a projection function:

C*P*R*T*Xworld = Xpic

C - camera matrix with intrisic parameters ( known )
P - perspective projection
R - rotation matrix ( unknown )
T - translation matrix ( unknown )
Xw - world coordinate of the 4 IR Leds (known)
Xp - is what I have from the camera ( known )

so afte the non-linear minimization of this functin I have as result Tx,Ty,Tz,roll,pitch and yaw.
Offline, I can measure tha variance and the Covariance .

Now I want to have them more accurate and thats why I need the "Kalman Filter", but I dont kown how to use it. Do I need some equation for the process modell and the measuerament modell, if yes how it goint to look like. Another question is, do I need the normal Kalman Filter or the Extended Kalman Filter.

Thanks in advance,

Viel oder wenig? Schnell oder langsam? Unbegrenzt surfen + telefonieren
ohne Zeit- und Volumenbegrenzung? DAS TOP ANGEBOT FÜR ALLE NEUEINSTEIGER
Jetzt bei Arcor: günstig und schnell mit DSL - das All-Inclusive-Paket
für clevere Doppel-Sparer, nur  34,95 €  inkl. DSL- und ISDN-Grundgebühr!
http://www.arcor.de/rd/emf-dsl-2