[Insight-users] mean square metric

Fab_83 Fabian_Eisa at gmx.de
Tue Apr 1 10:30:10 EDT 2008

hi everybody,

I have used itk::MeanSquaresImageToImageMetric as a metric for my
registration. Then I wanted to evaluate the calculated values and wrote my
own routine to calculate the MS. I simply created two images with noise,
made an translation and calculated the differenceimages. From these
differenceimages I calculated the MS with the same equation than itk but I
get different values than itk. The strangest thing is, that I get values
which get bigger while itk gets values which stay almost the same.

Perhabs sombody has an idea and can help..

Thanks a lot,
Fab