[Insight-users] (CF) RE: Are Conference Articles subject to the Public Access NIH Policy ?

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Wed Apr 9 14:31:51 EDT 2008

Office of Extramural Research
National Institutes of Health
1 Center Drive, Room 144
Bethesda, MD  20892-0152
Email:  PublicAccess at nih.gov
Website: http://publicaccess.nih.gov

Thanks a lot for your quick answer to our question.

We have disseminated your answer to the medical image community
and it has triggered a discussion regarding the interpretation
of the answer.

Could you please provide a more crisp, better defined answer
to the following question:

     If a paper that I submit to a peer-reviewed conference,
     describing results from NIH-funded research, gets accepted,
     is this paper subject to the NIH Public Access Policy ?

We will appreciate a lot if your answer can
be less ambiguous.

     Best Regards,

         Luis