[Insight-users] FW: Problem with Demons Variant Deformable Registration

Tom Vercauteren tom.vercauteren at m4x.org
Thu Apr 10 05:26:39 EDT 2008

Hi Sajendra,

I am glad to hear that you were able to use my code succesfully.

As Torsten pointed out, it should indeed be possible to "get the best
of both worlds". In the code I posted on the Insight Journal, It
should be possible to use a fast symmetric force that behaves very
similarly to the basic symmetric forces demons implementation but has
a reduced computation time.

The difference you experience might be related to different default
parameters. More specifically, from the command line program I posted
you should at least put the following options '-l0.5 -a2 -t0' if you
want to match the basic symmetric forces demons implementation. Of
course you also need to use the same sigmas for smoothing.

Another possible issue might be related to the version of ITK that you
use. I filed a few bug reports anf forgot when they were fixed:
http://www.itk.org/Bug/view.php?id=3985
http://www.itk.org/Bug/view.php?id=3958
http://www.itk.org/Bug/view.php?id=3973
http://www.itk.org/Bug/view.php?id=3972