[Insight-users] Building a First project using ITK

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Fri Apr 11 18:53:56 EDT 2008

Hi B3hezat,

                     Welcome to ITK !!

It seems that you are not using CMake for configuring your project.

Please look at the Tutorials:

             http://www.itk.org/HTML/Tutorials.htm

In particular to:

    http://www.itk.org/CourseWare/Training/GettingStarted-I.pdf

It will give you step-by-step instructions on how to build ITK,
and how to build your fist project using ITK.

The simplest way to start is to take the two files under

             Insight/Examples/Installation

Copy them to a directory outside of the ITK source tree, and
then configure them using CMake. You will provide for ITK_DIR
the binary director where you build ITK.

You will find similar instructions on the introductory chapters
of the ITK Software Guide:

          http://www.itk.org/ItkSoftwareGuide.pdf

Please give it a try at the Tutorial instructions and let us
know if you still find any problems.

-----------------
B3hzat wrote:
> Hello Mr. Luis Ibanez,
>

> I want to use ITK library but I have some problems with headers. I
> included itk header file(s) and I try to compile my project but it’s not
> compiling and it’s generating errors.
>

> e.g:
>

> I write this code :
>

> #include <itk/itkImage.h>
>

> int main()
>
> {
>
>       return EXIT_SUCCESS;
>
> }
>

> Errors:
>

> Error      1             error C2504: 'vcl_numeric_limits' : base class
> undefined              c:\program files (x86)\microsoft visual studio
> 8\vc\include\itk\itknumerictraits.h        48
>
> Error      2             error C2143: syntax error : missing ',' before
> '<'                c:\program files (x86)\microsoft visual studio
> 8\vc\include\itk\itknumerictraits.h        48
>
> Error      3             error C2143: syntax error : missing ';' before
> '<'                c:\program files (x86)\microsoft visual studio
> 8\vc\include\itk\itknumerictraits.h        51
>
> Error      4             error C4430: missing type specifier - int
> assumed. Note: C++ does not support default-int         c:\program files
> (x86)\microsoft visual studio 8\vc\include\itk\itknumerictraits.h
> 51
>
> Error      5             error C2238: unexpected token(s) preceding
> ';'               c:\program files (x86)\microsoft visual studio
> 8\vc\include\itk\itknumerictraits.h        51

snip