[Insight-users] Examples of...

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Fri Apr 11 18:59:19 EDT 2008

Hi Kendra,

Thanks for your clarifications,

If you already know the coordinates, then this is well-suited for using
any of the region growing algorithms that take multiple seeds:

                   ConnectedThreshold
                   ConfidenceConnected

It is also well suited for the watershed filter proposed in the
following paper in the Insight Journal:

http://insight-journal.org/InsightJournalManager/view_reviews.php?pubid=92

by Richard Beare and Gaetan Lehmann.

You may also need the connected components image filter
and the relabel image filter.

http://www.itk.org/Insight/Doxygen/html/classitk_1_1ConnectedComponentImageFilter.html
http://www.itk.org/Insight/Doxygen/html/classitk_1_1RelabelComponentImageFilter.html