[Insight-users] Installing ITK (absolute paths in ITKConfig.cmake)

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Fri Apr 11 19:26:05 EDT 2008

Hi Matthias,

The installation process has been fixed recently in ITK
for making it relocatable, which is exactly what you need.

Paths in ITKConfig.cmake are now relative.
http://www.itk.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/ITKConfig.cmake.in?root=Insight&r1=1.25&r2=1.26

Please try an updated CVS version of ITK.
(no earlier than April 9 2008).

With this version, it should be possible to install ITK
in any directory, and then move it to a new location.

Note also that you can now use cpack in order to pack
ITK if you install NSIS:

         http://nsis.sourceforge.net/Main_Page

The "Package" project will appear as one of the possible
projects to use in your visual studio build.

Let us know if you still find any problem.