[Insight-users] Modify a ball Structuring Element

Irene Gonzálvez García irenegonzalvezg at gmail.com
Sun Apr 13 17:14:29 EDT 2008

Dear all insight-users,
I would like to create a Binary Ball Structuring element with
N-dimensions. If we suppose that we have a 2D structuring element with
radius equals to 1 (size = 3x3),  I would like to make zero the first
column (page 722, itkSoftwareGuide). Basically, we have always a odd
number of columns. In the middle one, the center of the Structuring
Element is located.I would like to make zero all columns which are in
the left side of the central column. I tried to modify part of the code
in itkBinaryBallStructuringElement but I don't get the expected result.
When I write sfi.GoToBegin(), I think the pixel which is modified is the
central one, not the upper-left pixel.

Please, could you give me any suggestions how to do it?
Best regards
Irene